Friday, May 29, 2009

Best Costume Ever and Birth During New Moon

Sister Widow is due with baby #2 on November 23. While we were talking about the Twilight Saga and how it was taking me forever to get through Breaking Dawn, she says the strangest thing.

Sister Widow: That's what I'm going to be for Halloween.

Me: Huh? (obviously I was really slow that day)

Sister Widow: Duh, pregnant Bella.

Me: I'm pretty sure the only people that would get that would be you and me. And only because you told me.

Sister Widow: This is gonna be the most awesome costume ever!

I have to disagree since I think Nephew Widow's Spongebob Squarepants costume was pretty wicked last year, but why burst her bubble. (I'm a lover of all things Spongebob, so shoot me)

Since she's due so close to the release date of New Moon, we're getting kind of scared that she won't make it. I know I don't want to be the people on the news whose relative had a baby in the movie theatre. Plus, if she has the baby before the movie comes out and she's still in the hospital, I'll just drag Mr. Widow to go see it. I can watch it again when she's out of the hospital right? Nothing wrong with seeing it multiple times in the theater.

Sister Widow has employed just this strategy with the Harry Potter movies. We always go see them opening weekend together, before she sees it with her boyfriend. She's even willing to lie and say she hasn't seen the movie yet. What a sister! I think she really just has to see it again since I'm usually asking her questions during the movie since I refuse to read the books. Who knows how much she actually remembers.

During our annual Harry Potter movie trip in 2002, we encountered the worst thing imaginable in the women's bathroom on our way out of the theater. Was it crack whores? People making out in the bathroom? No, far worse. We caught the 11:00 pm show so it was 1:00 am when we left. Stopping off at the bathroom before we left was a big mistake. Someone had smeared poo all over a couple of the bathroom stall walls. It was so gross. We expect that from boys, not girls. We really felt sorry for the poor movie theater worker that was gonna have to clean that!

And to start something new, here's a picture that makes you go WTF! I guess partying Grandma just couldn't keep up.




1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to comment on this post for a couple of days...man, I love that pic. I have shown it to tons of people and they love it. And thanks for turning me on to awkwardfamilyphotos.com...totally awesome. I can't believe the poo...for reals. And I agree about the the pregnant Bella costume...but really who cares if you two are the only ones who get it? I took Pocket Edward home with me this weekend and everyone had some good laughs. Pics will be coming. I guess you are back at work this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Holly's Baby cake's.